Make a Bequest - "Adopt" an Animal - Charitable Shopping - Recycle - GoodSearch - Volunteer
IN ADDITION TO MAKING A DONATION, YOU CAN ALSO SUPPORT US BY...
- establishing a long-term giving plan through the Community Foundation of Western Nevada, which connects us with individuals who wish to establish life income gifts, gift annuities, and other plans for legacy giving. For detailed information, see the Planned Giving page of CFWN's Non-profit Connections.
- establishing a charitable remainder trust with the assistance of your financial advisor.
- "adopting" an animal.
- using "charitable shopping" services. Safe Haven is registered with the iGive mall, allowing a percentage of your purchase price to be donated to us. The iGive mall features over 730 stores, including all of your favorite online retailers.
Please check out our Amazon Wish List and consider contributing an item. Wish List items include food, supplements, outdoor equipment, toys and games for enrichment, and gift cards.
We are also registered with MissionFish/eBay Giving Works, eBay's charitable shopping program. A portion of your purchase price on selected items will be donated to Safe Haven. We encourage any of our supporters who are also eBay sellers to check out the the eBay Giving Works sellers page to learn how to support Safe Haven when you list your items for sale..
Visit Phones for Good to get a great deal on your next cellular phone from any of the major carriers (AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile or Nextel), with better pricing than traditional stores. Safe Haven will receive up to $50 for each purchase.
- recycling your inkjet cartridges and electronic devices. Groups as well as individuals can help us by recycling.
- using GoodSearch as your Internet search engine.
- volunteering your time, talents and skills
Support Safe Haven by recycling your electronic devices.
Safe Haven has a highly successful partnership with Project KOPEG, an environmentally-conscious program for recycling electronic devices, as well as a source of fundraising for organizations such as ours. Both functional and nonfunctional devices are accepted.
- Cell phones & chargers
- Ink & toner cartridges
- iPods & MP3 players
- Digital cameras
- Video game consoles and games
- PDAs & handheld computers
- Cordless telephones
- Rechargeable batteries
Here's what to do:
Mail your cell phone to Project KOPEG's company headquarters; please enclose a note saying that you are donating the phone to benefit Safe Haven Wildlife Sanctuary. You may also include chargers and cases if you wish, but these accessories are not required:
11880 W. President Dr., Ste. E
Boise, ID 83713
You may contact Project KOPEG by phone (208-343-0333) or e-mail to request a shipping box or further information. You may also contact Safe Haven by phone (775-538-7093) or e-mail, to request a shipping box.
In addition, Safe Haven will soon have collection points set up so that residents of our local communities can simply drop their phone in a recycling bin for us. Those collection locations will be listed here shortly.
If your school or organization has collected thirty or more phones on behalf of Safe Haven, please contact Project KOPEG, and they will pay for the shipping.
Support Safe Haven by recycling your inkjet cartridges.
Safe Haven has launched a fundraising partnership with an inkjet recycling company, Empties4Cash. We will receive up to $4.00 for each recycled cartridge.
Empty inkjet cartridges can be recycled and remanufactured. It takes almost 3 ounces of oil to produce a new cartridge, and over a thousand years for the plastic in these cartridges to decompose. We can conserve valuable resources by remanufacturing used cartridges.
The Empties4Cash program accepts inkjet cartridges manufactured by Apple, Brother, Canon, Compaq, Dell, Hewlett-Packard, Lexmark, Sharp, and Xerox. Please consult their list of acceptable cartridges. They do not accept the Canon BCI series, any Epson cartridges, or any cartridges that have been refilled.
Here's what to do:
Contact Safe Haven by phone (775-538-7093) or e-mail, to request the special postage-paid baggies that the Empties4Cash program has supplied for us. Please send two or more empty cartridges per baggie.
If you have more than twenty cartridges, please use a collection box, or request a FedEx label. Do not use the baggie as a shipping label on a box.
If your school or organization has collected a large number of cartridges for Safe Haven, please let us know. We can arrange for you to drop them off, or we'll send someone to pick them up.
Raise money for Safe Haven by using GoodSearch.com to perform your Web searches.
You use GoodSearch.com like any other search engine—the site is powered by Yahoo!—but each time you do, money is generated for Safe Haven.
Here's how it works:
1. Go to www.goodsearch.com.
2. Type "Safe Haven Wildlife" into the "I support" box. There are several organizations with "Safe Haven" in their name, so you may have to select our name from a short list that will come up. And then click on "verify."
3. Search the Internet just as you would with any search engine.
4. Since GoodSearch shares its advertising revenue with charities and schools, every time you search the Internet at GoodSearch, you’ll be earning money for Safe Haven.
GoodSearch also has a toolbar that Windows users can download in order to search right from the top of your browser. Mac users using Safari can add GoodSearch to their bookmarks bar. If your computer has cookies enabled, GoodSearch "remembers" Safe Haven as your designated charity after the first time you use it, so you have to perform the selection and verification only once.
Please ask your friends and family to use GoodSearch. In one year, a hundred supporters, each averaging two Web searches a day (a very conservative number!), would raise $730 for Safe Haven.